ECO-Boss® Hybrid Plug Head-to-Head in the Utica Shale
A large E&P operator in the Marcellus/Utica shale play wanted an alternative to the conventional plug design they had been using. They were specifically looking for a frac plug that could address the following:
- Less expensive (cost efficient).
- Able to run without presets.
- Increased drillout efficiencies.
Since water efficiency was not a concern of the operator, Downhole Technology proposed using the ECO-Boss® Hybrid composite frac plug because it is considerably less expensive.
In addition to approaching Downhole Technology, the E&P operator approached a competitor, as well, and a 4 well-pad was divided in half so that both plugs could be evaluated at the same time.
- 8.5 minutes drill time per plug.
- 40% less debris (mill) produced than competitor plug.
- 500 fpm ~4.75 bbl/100' achieved higher speeds during pumpdown while using less fluid than past provider and current competitor.